RiDO is committed to driving business growth by providing advice around people and skills and creating links between employers and the next generation of skilled workers.
We work with a variety of partners including businesses, communities, schools, colleges and the new University Campus Rotherham (UCR), to deliver tomorrow’s workforce.
developing your workforce
Thinking about recruiting?
We can help your business case by providing labour market information including research on salary rates, skills availability and a thorough analysis of your recruitment needs.
Looking for new staff?
RiDO can link you into schools, colleges, the new University Centre, training and apprenticeship providers, employment projects, community groups and various other partners.
Boosting skills in your workforce
We can help you assess your training needs and investigate sources of funding, signposting to local and national training providers and support from the SCR Growth Hub and national programmes.
Recruiting the next generation
RiDO supports a variety of events including Get Up to Speed with STEM and the LEAF Careers fair to connect you with future employees.
Helping you retain great people
Our advisers can help you develop retention strategies and links to local initiatives.
Redeploying skilled employees
If your business is downsizing, we can help connect you to organisations to help with CVs, retraining and self-employment, and with recruiting companies.
Linking business and education
We are partners with the Sheffield City Region in the delivery of the National Enterprise Adviser Network which will prepare young people for the world of work through encounters with local businesses. Business leaders are encouraged to work with a school or college to develop a careers, education and employer engagement strategy for the school.
Why get involved?
- Directly influence how young people prepare for their future working lives within the community, supporting the development of your future workforce
- Raise awareness of the career opportunities within your business
- Help grow Rotherham’s skills base by creating links between education and business, growing the local economy
- Become part of a growing business and education network where you can connect directly with influencers to develop your personal and business network
Rotherham works with key partners to host the award winning Local Employment Advisory Forum (LEAF) job and careers fair every November, to help businesses source and recruit future apprenticeships and employees.
The highly acclaimed Get up to Speed with STEM event takes place every spring. It aims to showcase the work of globally recognised manufacturing and local engineering businesses, inspiring young people to consider careers in Science Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM).
Did you know?
- Schools are leading the way with young people achieving GCSE’s above the national average.
- The new multi-million pound University Centre Rotherham (UCR) based in the town centre opened in September 2018 and will increase the number of Rotherham people trained to level 4 and above.
- Rotherham is just a few minutes’ drive from two highly acclaimed universities in Sheffield, with a further 10 universities across the Yorkshire and Humber region.
- Rotherham has established links with the Advanced Manufacturing Research Training Centre (AMRTC) offering apprenticeships and specialist training for globally competing manufacturing and engineering companies.
- The Council is committed to working with business and community partners to support disadvantaged residents into employment.
Get in touch for more information.
Call us on 01709 254444 or simply fill in our form and we will get back to you.